Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Come for the purple kool-aid...

You know, I think that I could blog for weeks on quotes and events of weekly cell group...the young
people are so eager just to be together and have fun, it both energizes and encourages me!

Last night, Jesse and I had cell with 5 boys, aged 6-10. We ate pancakes and pudding, played games and had paper airplane launchings off the front porch. We laughed, we talked, we drank crazy, sugary, purple kool-aid.
We had a great time - which is good, because church should be a good time!

My highlight spiritually though, came out of the mouth (and heart) of Jimmie, right before we ate dinner. We were talking about why we would say 'grace' before we ate. The answers ranged from:

~God just likes it when we do that
~If we didn't it would just be rude
~We are saying thank you for the food we get to eat
~We are happy to be together
~To bless the food

But Jimmie topped them all with:

~I think that when we pray we are meeting with God and with Jesus, and they like that.

Sounds about right to me.

grace,
Heather

1 comment:

Denise said...

out of the mouths of babes....

amazing!