Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Resolutions !

This is a copy of WBz New-Year resolution back in the day.



SIX RESOLUTIONS by William Booth (age 20)

1. That I will rise every morning sufficiently early to wash, dress, and have a few minutes, not less than 5, in private prayer.



2. That I will, as much as possible, avoid all that babbling and idle talk in which I have lately so sinfully indulged.



3. That I will endeavor in my conduct and deportment before the world and my fellow servants especially to conduct myself as a humble, meek and zealous follower of Christ, and by serious conversation and warning endeavor to lead them to think of their immortal souls.



4. That I will read no less than four chapters in God’s Word every day.



5. That I will strive to live closer to God, and to seek after holiness of heart and leave providential events with God. 6. That I will read over this every day or at least twice a week. “God help me, enable me to cultivate a spirit of self-denial and to yield myself a prisoner of love to the redeemer of the world.”

No comments: